On the first of June 2017, the EAPB participated in a panel discussion at the Innovative Enterprise conference organised by the European Commission in collaboration with the Maltese EU Presidency.
This year’s conference marked the 10th anniversary of Research and Innovation Financial Instruments at the EU level. The conference raised investors’ and business’ awareness of the European Union’s various funding and finance opportunities such as InnovFin – EU Finance for Innovators, the European Fund for Strategic Investments, instruments at national and local level as well as alternative sources of finance, such as crowd-funding.
Mr. Marcel Roy, Secretary General of the EAPB presented the role of public banks’ in the implementation of EFSI and Innovfin and highlighted public banks’ contributions to infrastructure financing.
Oher panel participants included·
- Mr. Lutz-Christian Funke, General Secretary of KfW
- Mr. Laurent Zylberberg, Director of International Affairs, Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations
- Mr. Joaquim Francisco da Silva Pinto, CEO Banif Bank
- Mr. Pascal Lagarde, Executive Director, bpifrance
- Mr. Christoph Kuhn, Director, Mandate Management Department, EIB
A detailed overview of the conference can be found here: https://www.innoweekmalta2017.com/