The European Association of Public Banks (EAPB) is the voice of the European public banking sector. EAPB represents over 90 financial institutions from 18 countries in Europe, including national and regional development banks, municipality funding agencies and public commercial banks. EAPB members provide financial services and funding for projects that support sustainable economic and social development. Our members finance a sustainable economy, social housing, health care, education, and public infrastructure at national, regional, and local level.
The EAPB Secretariat organizes exchanges between EAPB members on all issues relevant to public banks. It promotes constructive dialogue between our experts, regulators, supervisors, and other stakeholders. The EAPB Secretariat liaises directly with the EU institutions and represents the interests of its members before the European Commission, the European Parliament, and the Council.
· Develop and execute advocacy with key EU policy makers
· Monitor regulatory measures relevant to public banks
· Communicate internally on current political developments to the Economic and Financial Committee (ECOFIN) and the Capital Markets Committee (CMC), both EAPB committees composed of experts from our members
· Draft policy briefs, position papers, and other advocacy documents on EU Affairs
· Prepare and coordinate the EAPB Economic and Financial Affairs Committee and Capital Markets Committee Meetings
Main policy areas
· Banking Regulation and in particular the finalization of Basel III
· Banking Supervision
· Banking Union and in particular the European Deposit Insurance and the Crisis Management Framework
· Sustainable Finance
· Capital Markets Union
Our requirements and expectations
· University degree in economics, law, or another relevant discipline
· Very good analytical skills and a strong understanding of economic and political contexts
· Experience in banking, finance, advocacy, and/or EU policy making
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· Commitment, flexibility, and curiosity for new topics
· Confident appearance vis-à-vis high-ranking representatives from politics, supervisory authorities, and banks
· Sensitivity to political aspects of the EAPB's work.
· Be a dynamic, result-oriented team-player
· Good knowledge of German or French would be an asset
What we offer
· The opportunity to play a key role in public banking and its perception for the development of the European economy and social cohesion
· Be part of a friendly, dynamic and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district
· An employment contract under Belgian law for an indefinite period
· A remuneration package including a competitive salary, lunch vouchers, eco-cheques, 30 days of annual leave, transport allowance
Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter and CV by 26 November to the EAPB Secretary-General, Mr. Marcel Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal data when you interact with us.
This Disclaimer is defined according to the European Regulation act of General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
We use this data for the purposes described in our policy, which include:
Learn more here https://eapb.eu/disclaimer.html