The European Association of Public Banks (EAPB) gathers member organisations from different European Member States and countries, representing directly and indirectly the interests of over 90 public-sector financial institutions towards the EU and other European stakeholders. With a combined balance sheet total of about EUR 3,200 billion EAPB members constitute an essential part of the European financial sector. We represent about 83,000 employees.
EAPB members are national and regional promotional banks, municipality funding agencies and public commercial banks across Europe. EAPB members provide financial services and funding for projects that support sustainable economic and social development with, amongst others, activities ranging from the funding of companies/SMEs, export financing and the promotion of a greener economy to the financing of social housing, health care, education and public infrastructure at national, regional and local level. All EAPB members are State-owned at local, regional or national level and act in the public interest. EAPB promotional banks and funding agencies address financing needs underserved by the market and desirable from a public policy perspective, they promote social and economic development, help the real economy and bring concrete benefits for citizens.
Currently, the EAPB is recruiting an Adviser.
The Adviser shall successfully support the activities of the Association and advise the EAPB members on key EU legislative developments affecting the public banking sector and their counter-measures to the economic crisis triggered by the COVID 19 pandemic. Reporting to the Secretary-General Her or His role will be to support the work of the EAPB Secretariat, with a particular focus on sustainable and promotional Finance, including structural funds policy and EU central financial instruments. The tasks will include maintaining strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and our members.
Key responsibilities include
• Developing and executing advocacy with key EU policy makers, with a particular focus on sustainable finance and EU promotional policy
• Drafting policy briefs, news and information briefs, social media and other advocacy documents on EU Affairs
• Ensure information flow on policy developments, relevant events and funding opportunities in the EU to EAPB Members
• Preparation of high-level meetings of EAPB Secretary-General and President
• Preparation and coordinate the EAPB State aid and development Committee (composed of member experts), the EAPB Sustainable finance Working Group, which serves as a platform for EAPB members on policy and implementation issues related to Sustainable Finance, and coordination of video conferences related to the EAPB’s members’ response to the COVID crisis
• Liasing with EU Institutions, the European Investment Bank Group (EIB and EIF) as well as other relevant international institutions
• Representing the Association in meetings with the Association’s partners and EU institutions
Main Policy areas:
• EU Structural funds
• EU central financial instruments (InvestEU)
• Implementation of the Multi Annual Frameworks (MFF)
• Sustainable finance
Profile of candidates
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (mother-tongue level)
• Dispose of a university degree in law, political science, economics or another relevant discipline
• At least 2-3 years of demonstrably work experience in EU policy, management of EU funded projects or financial regulation work
• Be a dynamic, result-oriented team-player
• Good level of other EU official languages, particularly French and German
• Knowledge of financial sector and European policies What we offer
• Play a key role in influencing the public discussion on the role of public banking for the development of the European economy and social cohesion
• Be part of a friendly, dynamic and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district
• The EAPB offers an employment contract under Belgian law for an indefinite period
Remuneration package: competitive salary, lunch vouchers, ecological product vouchers, additional days of conventional holidays, transport allowance Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter and CV by 5 February 2020 via post or via e-mail to the Secretary General Mr. Marcel Roy, European Association of Public Banks (EAPB), Avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée 1-5, 1040 Brussels or email@example.com
Learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal data when you interact with us.
This Disclaimer is defined according to the European Regulation act of General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
We use this data for the purposes described in our policy, which include:
Learn more here https://eapb.eu/disclaimer.html